Second missing WA prospector found PDF Print E-mail
AAP   
Tuesday, 06 November 2012 15:22

A 27-year-old prospector who got lost in Western Australia's Goldfields region over the weekend has been found and is in a good condition, police say.

 

The man had been riding motorcycles and prospecting with his friends about 7km south of the isolated town of Menzies and was seen heading into bushland around 3pm (WST) on Saturday.

When he failed to return and his friends could not find him he was reported missing to police.

A search failed to locate the man on Sunday but on Monday at 10am WST he was spotted walking along a local road.

He seemed well but has been taken to Leonora hospital for a check-up.

"It's believed that the man ran out of petrol on his motorbike, and began walking before getting lost," police said.

Another prospector who went missing over the weekend, a 62-year-old, was also found early on Monday.

He was prospecting with another man near the Comet gold mine, about 7km from Marble Bar in the state's Pilbara region, when they became separated around 10am (WST) on Sunday.

He was found about 1km from his car and appeared to be dehydrated, so was being taken for health check, police said.

Separately, the hunt continues for a 20-year-old Malaysian abalone fisherman who was caught in treacherous weather conditions off Yanchep, around 55km north of Perth, early on Sunday.

Police, volunteer marine rescue and surf lifesaving crews are involved in the search.


 



For the latest news click here

For the latest Drive features click here

For the latest Travel features click here

For the latest Food & Drink features click here

Follow myresources.com.au on Twitter
 

Add comment

Security code
Refresh